lundi 29 juin 2015

Center console frame removal question on 85

I am in the process of trying to remove the center console frame on my auto 85.
I already have the inst. and top shifter bezel, all screws/bolts removed (even the 4 under the felt in the arm rest cubby), and arm rest.

The frame will move, but appears to be teathered down by the wire connector for the seat switches. I have the two screws and metal frame off from behind the connector, and I see two nuts (?) recessed into the connector. Do these also need to be removed to get the connector off?

I have the side frames that extend down the tunnel by the seats pulled out enough to be able to pull the center console frame up about 1/2", but that's all the farther it's going. I have not removed the seats...and would rather cut the damn frame in front of the window switches if needed to get to the shifter before ripping out the seats. I really don't see what harm would be done by cutting the frame.

Any info/tips would be appreciated.

These pics are not of mine, but ones I found on the forum.

This is the frame I am referring to:


Click the image to open in full size.



And this is the connector I am referring to as viewed from the bottom:


Click the image to open in full size.


Center console frame removal question on 85

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire