mardi 30 juin 2015

Just installed texas speed longtubes and mid

Figured id post on here for anybody wondering, although I know plenty others have. Took me about 13 hours with a few complications removing the old exhaust. 15' z51 did not remove any oil lines or valve covers, which obviously extends the time. Had some issues getting the car to fit on the lift so that took a bit. Also stripped out a few of those darn bolts that connect manifolds to cat pipes, ended up cutting passenger side exhaust off.

But after all that crap was said and done texas speed long tubes went in like butter, absolutely wonderful. I did make the mistake of not putting on mid pipe with headers loose so I took a ratchet strap and a mallet and got it all on no problem. Also put on the tunnel plate supplied from them great quality.

I am still not sure how I feel about the sound of it versus a c6z but it's growing on me, it's fairly loud, catless mid stock axle back and always in track mode. I think im getting some seat of the pants feeling but it might just be because it's loud, I will have to run a ls3 vette that was even with me to see any differences.

I will never ever do it mostly on my own again, although I said the same with my c5z on jack stands. I can take some pics later if anybody needs or answer anything, if I did it again it would be much quicker had lack of needed tools aswell. But those four bolts attaching manifold to first cats is awful I recommend chopping it off. And the front o2's were not coming out at all even with a torch, but rears popped off no problem.


Just installed texas speed longtubes and mid

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire