mardi 30 juin 2015

Starter help!

OK, so I am getting SO tantalizingly close to getting this car on the road its driving me nuts! Car is a 78 with a full roller 383 stroker. I had the car running, but needing tuned better and replaced a leaking water pump. I should mention that while I was at it, I tinkered with the elec choke a bit as it did not seem to be working. After getting it sealed back up I have been unable to get it to run for more than a few seconds. I am sure this is a matter of timing and/or carb tuning, but the more immediate issue is that after 20 min or so of trying to get it running, the starter engaged and would not stop! I had to disconnect the battery (not easy to do in this car when you are frantic!). Wires are not hot, and although there was a smell from the starter, it dissipated rather quickly once I got the battery disconnected. Any idea whats going on? DId I fry my starter?


Starter help!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire